The Luxembourg Space Agency actively supports students in the transition from education to full-time employment in the space industry with a dedicated training programme.
Luxembourg Young Graduate Trainee programme
NEW CALL FOR APPLICATIONS OPENS IN SPRING 2021!
The Luxembourg Young Graduate Trainee (LuxYGT) programme offers a wide range of internships at the European Space Agency for Luxembourg students each year. The internships take place at different ESA centers, offering successful applicants an opportunity to obtain valuable experience in the development and operation of space missions. In addition, they also gain a rich personal experience of living and working in another country and in a diverse and international environment.
Terms of Participation
The LuxYGT programme was created for graduates who are Luxembourg nationals and who earned their degree (Master level) within the past two years.
Students in the last year of their Master’s programme can also apply to the programme, and may be selected subject to the condition that they have obtained the required qualification by the date they start the traineeship at ESA.
The high-calibre programme usually lasts for 2 years and is renewed after the first year.
At the mid-term and the end of the traineeship period, trainees are asked to submit to LSA a report on their activities and the accomplishments achieved during the year.
The contract will be entered into between ESA and the intern for the duration of the internship. Interns who sign the contract commit to completing their internship without interruption and on an ongoing basis.
Rather than being employed by ESA, interns will complete their internship and perform any other duties assigned to them within the ESA organisation. They will fall under the direct authority of the Director General of the ESA or his representative.
Interns will be subject to the employment regulations applicable at the ESA.
- Valuable experience that can open doors to a career within the Luxembourg’s space sector, research institutes or ESA
- A diverse and international environment
- Monthly bursary of EUR 2,400, exempt from taxes (including accident and sickness insurance)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at the beginning and end of the contract (based on return journey)
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses when first settling in the new location (fixed amount), payable as a lump sum
- Paid annual leave (2.5 working days for each month of service)
Candidate Application Process
Candidates must submit an application to luxygt(at)space-agency.lu containing the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Copy of degree/diploma earned
- Applicants who are currently in their final year of study must submit proof of enrolment in the educational institution they are attending.
- Copy of an ID
- Any other documents which could support the candidate’s application may also be added to the application package.
- Maximum two applications per candidate
- Fluency in English and/or French, the working languages of the Agency
If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview with LSA and ESA representatives. Recruitment interviews take place at the end of June, beginning of July. The relevant ESA department is also involved in the decision process.
The successful candidates receive their contract at a kick-off event organised in September.
The take-up-duty date is agreed mutually by the candidate and the tutor and can be any time from October to February.
For more information, contact Asmira Skrijelj at the Luxembourg Space Agency.