Luxinnovation is the National Agency for Innovation and Research. Through its range of services to enterprises, entrepreneurs and researchers, the Agency is one of the growth drivers of the Luxembourg economy in key sectors such as Space technologies. Luxinnovation has been supporting the Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA) since its inception.
In the context of their partnership, and to support the promotion of the Space sector in Luxembourg for LSA, Luxinnovation is recruiting a:
Senior Project Officer Space Sector
(m/f), full time and permanent contract, ref. Space
You will promote the development of the space sector in Luxembourg and achieve following actions for LSA:
- Represent and defend the interests of Luxembourg and stakeholders of the space sector in the ESA and the European Commission (EC) committees
- Inform stakeholders on the directions taken within the space sector in Europe and on the different possibilities for financing their projects at national and European levels
- Help stakeholders achieving their strategic objectives and thus support their development
- Identify gaps in the Luxembourg space value chain and attract new players in the field having passed a due diligence process
- Develop cooperation and partnerships with the relevant institutional stakeholders at national and international level
- Promote the space sector nationally and internationally
You hold an Engineering and/or PhD degree with 5 to 10 years of work experience in the space Industry. You have an in-depth knowledge of the ESA programmes and related policies and a strong overall knowledge of space activities. The position will involve travel activities in Europe and worldwide (25-30%), sometimes on short notice, you must therefore be flexible. Furthermore, you show following competencies:
- Strong analytical mindset with ability to formulate advanced concepts, understand different topics in details and synthesize quickly
- Expertise in analysing business plans and understand company financials
- Well organised, results driven with ability to work in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams and at the same time, flexible and autonomous
- Networker and relationship builder with excellent communication skills (oral & written) with the ability to give professional presentations to a large audience
- Fluency in English and French is mandatory with proven writing skills in both languages The knowledge of German and Luxembourgish is an asset
We offer a challenging job with diversified tasks in a professional and dynamic organisation. If this position is the challenge you are looking for, please send your application including a motivation letter and CV.
The selection Committee will be composed of representatives of Luxinnovation and LSA.