- The Copernicus MOOC is a Massive Open Online Course, free and accessible to all. It has been developed by the University of Luxembourg Competence Centre and PwC Luxembourg for the European Commission.
- The next course will be delivered between September and December 2020.
GETTING STARTED WITH COPERNICUS DATA
The increasing availability of massive amounts of space data, particularly from the EU’s Copernicus Programme, provides a wealth of opportunities for organisations large and small, in the private as well as in the public sector, to develop and deliver new and innovative products and services in a variety of areas such as mobility, energy, logistic, pollution control, urban management, land use or agriculture – just to name a few. However, getting started with Copernicus data and services can be challenging, thus the idea of creating a facilitating MOOC was born.
Participants will learn how Copernicus data and services can be used to address societal challenges and generate business opportunities. In particular, they will learn how Copernicus – and space data in general – can be used to support evidence-based public policy, as well as to develop new products and services, open up new markets, improve quality of life, and make the most of limited resources in a sustainable way.
FREE OF CHARGE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE
The MOOC aims to make Copernicus and its ecosystem accessible to all. It is designed for all people who use or could benefit from using geo-information data, but who have no or limited prior experience in doing so. All first-time and intermediate users of Copernicus data and services from the public and private sector and public sector are therefore invited to participate: civil servants, policy makers, entrepreneurs, innovators, intrapreneurs, service designers, etc.
The course will address three key topics:
- Understanding Copernicus data and services– what they are, and how they can be accessed and used
- Learning from success stories– understanding how existing Copernicus-enabled services and applications have been developed and deployed
- Doing it yourself– acquiring the key skills and knowledge to develop and deploy Copernicus-enabled products and services and to navigate the Copernicus ecosystem.
The course modules will be taught in English by internationally-recognised experts. Various engaging and interactive formats will be used during the lessons, from webinars and videos to use cases and projects. The course is built on a user-driven approach aimed at enabling participants to work on their own projects, learn from others, understand the latest trends in situational awareness technologies, and become active members of the Copernicus community.
The MOOC will involve practice exercises and a final assessment. Registered participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Each MOOC consists of 12 lessons of 2 hours each, over a period of 12 weeks.
For more information: https://mooc.copernicus.eu/
Don’t forget to register!
Copernicus MOOC 2020