WEO SAS, founded and registered in Luxembourg in 2020, was formed with an aim to improve global water management and vegetation management, to enable a more sustainable society. WEO develops deep learning algorithms and products which use broad Earth Observation (EO) image information from a range of satellites and other sources to intelligently process into usable, accessible and accurate products. The company is currently developing commercial products for water management, and urban tree management. It has specific expertise in Lidar, SAR, Optical and thermal data processing, as well as harmonisation and fusion of various datasets.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Our main products are maps and services related to water resource management and tree management for sustainable cities and agriculture using open access data from space (sentinel missions mainly). A list of our products and services include:
- Tree management (Tree extent, tree height,
- tree location, tree growth and tree health)
- Mapping of potential for green roofs
- in urban areas
- Mapping of potential to convert permeable
- surfaces (i.e. parking spaces) to impermeable
- areas for water infiltration
- Land surface temperature mapping
- (urban heat of different surfaces)
- Flood risk mapping
- Soil moisture mapping
Both cofounders, Charlotte Wirion, CTO and Imeshi Weerasinghe, CEO have PhD topics focused around water resource management in the urban or agricultural fields using remote sensing (space) data. Charlotte Wirion is also Guest Professor in Urban Hydrology and Remote Sensing at the Vrije Universiteit Brussels.
- Ville de Luxembourg
- Luxembourg Water Agency (AGE)
- European Space Agency (ESA)
MAJOR SPACE PROJECTS
Smart Urban Tree Feasibility Project with ESA, LSA and Ville de Luxembourg LuxImpulse – Sustainable Water Resource Management (SWARM) with ESA, LSA and Luxembourg Water Agency.