e-Xstream engineering, part of Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division, has the most extensive and deep technology to leverage this approach for industrial multi-material use (plastics, composites, metal, rubber, foam, ...). With more than 17 years of experience in materials, our solutions are the standard in modelling plastics from injection molding and additive manufacturing, and the most referred solution for composites and data management.
Our products, Digimat and MaterialCenter support the ICME* approach.
With our state-of-the-art technology, in-house material experts and ecosystem of technological partners, we strive to blend the boundaries between digital and real world in all industry segments.
Together with Hexagon and its subsidiaries we enable users to innovate and optimise product performance using the right materials and manufacturing process for the right. We provide tools and solutions that enable users to improve productivity, sustainability and support digital transformation.
* ICME: Integrated Computational Materials Engineering offers engineers across industries the ability to use materials and manufacturing processes efficiently thanks to a multi-scale design approach connecting materials, manufacturing and final products.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Reducing development time and cost of composites materials is high on the agenda for all manufacturers to remain competitive and penetrate market. A powerful approach to achieve that is Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) – or in simpler words – an integrative design approach where materials, processing and final products are connected through various scales.
Digimat, state-of-the-art multi-scale material modeling software supports the ICME approach by offering engineers 100% confidence in design and simulation, and to virtually predict the behavior of composite coupons (unnotched, open hole, filled hole).
When organizations apply this method to composite materials, they quickly realize the amount of materials data that needs to be captured and validated, whether generated from virtual or physical testing. Our data management software, MaterialCenter enables organizations to trace, access and secure their data.
- Material engineering: through the micromechanical modelling approach to predict the nonlinear, anisotropic, rate-dependent behavior of complex multi-phase composite materials
- Structural engineering: through the coupling of Digimat material models with commercial CAE codes to accurately predict the behavior of composite structures taking into account the influence of process simulation
- Process Simulation: Digimat provides process simulation solutions for the additive manufacturing of polymers. It helps process engineers to anticipate manufacturing issues and optimize part quality by predicting the relative influence of the various process parameters.
Digimat is used to study the thermo-mechanical behaviour of material lab samples and predict the influence of the material microstructure on the product end-performances. Through partnerships with the aerospace sector, e-Xstream has developed the appropriate tools and extensive know-how for modelling materials typically involved in lightweight aerospace composite structures.
Material Center allows:
- Dashboards for quick evaluation of materials data management projects and management oversight.
- Work request and approval workflow to keep projects on track.
- All materials-related processes, input and output documented through Audit Trail.
- Process-oriented, automation approach to data management.
- Robust and intuitive interface for data search, retrieval and comparison for all data types – tabular, curves, images, etc.
- Web-based interface to data management processes that enable distributed data authoring and maintenance.
- Built-in job queue interface that optimizes execution of materials simulation processes.
- Proven scalability to 100,000s of processes and petabytes of data to meet the needs of engineers for years to come.
- Integrates commercial Databanks for accessing critical materials data.
Confidential. A list can be provided upon request We have been working together with 8 out of the top 10 aerospace customers.
MAJOR SPACE PROJECTS
- CompoSelector: Multi-scale Composite Material Selection Platform with a Seamless Integration of Materials Models and Multidisciplinary Design Framework
- PSIDESC: Predictive Simulation of Defects in Structural Composites
- EXTREME: Dynamic Loading - Pushing the Boundaries of Aerospace Composite Material Structures
- Prediction of the thermo-elastic strength properties of tri-axial composite materials
- Multi-Scale Modelling of Advanced 3D Composite Materials for Ultra-Light Antenna Application
- APC, aiming at improving conception of aerospace structure through the use of composite materials
- VirtualComp, aiming at developing powerful and robust modeling tools for complex industrial composite structures using continuous fiber