Spire is a next generation data and predictive analytics company that collects data from space to solve problems on Earth. Spire identifies, tracks and predicts the movement of the world’s resources and weather systems. Using its constantly improving global constellation of RF listening satellites and predictive analytics capability, Spire helps businesses and governments decide, with increasing certainty, what to do next in a rapidly changing world.
The team in Luxembourg is focused on Spire’s Maritime business unit, which delivers AIS data APIs with built-in maritime intelligence to industry stakeholders. The Luxembourg office is also home to Spire’s growing weather prediction business unit.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Spire focuses on developing products that leverage big data and predictive analytics to provide next-generation intelligence.
Spire Sense Cloud
A one-stop-shop for maritime data analytics, best-in-class maritime domain awareness and state-of-the-art vessel tracking.
Spire Stratos Cloud
Uses signals from global navigation satellites, to gather weather data about our atmosphere, ground, oceans, and magnetic field.
Spire AirSafe Cloud
Optimises management of the skies – for safety, profitability and environmental conservation, by identifying, tracking and predicting the global movement of aircraft.
Spire’s Space as a Service
Offers organisations and governments the unique opportunity to rapidly deploy custom RF listening sensors, with a global footprint, in mere months.
Less than 5 years since the first launch, Spire now has 76 nanosatellites in orbit and just celebrated the launch of it’s 100th satellite. It has the world’s largest constellation RF (Radio Frequency) listening satellites. With ship tracking (AIS), aircraft tracking (ADS-B), advanced weather model and custom RF listening products, Spire enables decision makers to continuously optimise strategic and tactical decisions about what to do next.
Spire’s satellite network is equally matched by the world’s largest LEO ground station network. By harnessing the exponential impact of technology, Spire can reliably and relentlessly grow the might of its global data collection and analytics capability faster than anyone else. This enables it to rapidly deploy custom products that have never been in space before, at low cost, just months after they are conceived.
Spire’s customers range from small logistics analytics companies to large enterprises and governments
MAJOR SPACE PROJECTS
We are rapidly scaling our team in Luxembourg in order to carry out a wide portfolio or scientific and engineering projects, among which:
- Provision of a Data Lake containing all data generated by Spire to public research institutions in Luxembourg and local start-ups.
- Real-time monitoring of the ionospheric disturbances caused by tsunami waves in order to determine the location of the tsunami wave after the earthquake and improve warning systems.
- Determination of the feasibility of Soil Moisture data from nanosatellites. Using surface reflections, our satellites can determine the local moisture of the soil, potentially improving irrigation needs in the most rain-deprived areas of the world.
- Established Data Reservoir for Spire Sense Cloud to enable early determination of Estimated Time of Arrival in order to maximize supply chain efficiency.
- Real-time, all-weather monitoring of flooded areas, current CYGNSS satellite constellation can compensate for imaging satellites’ shortcomings under heavy cloud cover.