R&D in remote sensing applications in flooding and hydrodynamics
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Remote sensing and computer simulations of flood hazard at local to global scales;
- Flood disaster response assistance with Earth Observation (EO) products and services;
- Flood event re-analysis using EO data and computer models;
- Expert consulting services in remote sensing and modelling of flood hazard and risk.
- More than 15 years of expertise in academia and R&D in the field of remote sensing (in particular radar) and computer simulations of flood hazard;
- Expertise in flood hydrology;
- Experience in IoT, in particular using open geospatial web services.
Applied research funding sources:
- Government departments;
- Space agencies;
- Private sector companies;
- Public institutions (including universities):
- NGOs and international organisations;
- European Commission.
R&D services provision to:
- Development aid organisations;
- Humanitarian response organisations;
- Private sector.
MAJOR SPACE PROJECTS
- Active R&D projects focus mainly on flood disaster response assistance using EO products and services;
- Participation and mentoring in NASA/Europe Frontiers Development Lab (FDL);
- Acquisition of high-resolution drone data (Ville de Dudelange & Uni.lu).