Luxsense geodata is a young SME whose objective is to use innovative techniques from earth observation in research projects and to render services for the acquisition of reliable geodata. Further, the development of high-level products for environmental studies, precision agriculture and engineering projects is one of the major goals of the company.
The use of UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles or drones) allows for a rapid intervention and the acquisition of extremely high resolution geodata. These characteristics of UAVs – combined with a multitude of different sensors – make these systems very powerful in the case of natural disasters or precision agriculture, where satellite data lacks the spatial or temporal resolution.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- UAV operation for data acquisition
- Data processing for RGB-, thermal and multi- and hyperspectral data
- Development of customized data products
- Precision agriculture / viticulture: disease and weed detection, biomass, and photosynthesis.
- Forestry: Remote sensing-based inventories, health status and biomass development
- Construction site monitoring : volume estimation, 3D reconstruction, BIM and pipe detection
- Instant-As-Built: Handheld device for high accuracy and high-resolution data acquisition
- Heavy lift UAVs: In many research projects, multiple camera systems need to be flown simultaneously and combined with sensors for side parameters.
- LiDAR: A LiDAR scanner enables to collect 300pts/m² and allows to collect high precision digital elevation models, even below vegetation
- Multi- and hyperspectral sensors and high-resolution RGB-cameras: the acquisition of the complete electromagnetic spectrum is required for the analysis of vegetation. The available sensor systems cover the spectral domain from 350 – 950nm.
- A thermal camera captures long wave thermal infrared from 8-14µm and provides information about land surface temperature and emissivity.
- Field spectrometer: the field spectrometer captures light in the spectral range from 350nm to 950nm. This data is used for research in vegetation studies and for cal/val of UAV data.
- Administration de la nature et des forêts
- Administration des ponts et chaussées
- Administration de la gestion de l’eau
- University of Trier
MAJOR SPACE PROJECTS
- SESAME - Secure and Safe Multi-Robot Systems
- MonESCA – Disease detection in grape vines
- COMMECT – Smart XG in remote farming, forestry and rural areas
- LuxVita2 – Monitoring Luxembourg forest vitality using Sentinel2 time series