HITEC Luxembourg S.A is a 100%-owned Luxembourg company and offers high technology solutions covering different business areas: satellite ground segment; equipment for testing and measuring of physical properties; traffic management and mission critical. HITEC Luxembourg serves private and public sectors at a national and international level.
The company offers, among others, satellite ground segment technology as well as innovative satellite-based products and ICT services to support public safety services in case of crises or disasters. Its range of Limited Motion (LM) and Full Motion (FM) high end antenna systems, operating in various frequency bands and supporting institutional and commercial satellites, is complemented by antenna components such as antenna control units (HACU®) and servo control units (HSCU™). The company’s services include project management, design, engineering, integration, installation, commissioning and maintenance of full antenna systems and antenna components.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Limited and full motion ground station antennas, ranging from 3 to 14 meters in diameter and covering frequencies from L- to Q/V-band (HTS gateways, TT&C, IOT/LEOP, EO/data downlink) in particular 6m and 9m limited motion antennas in X, K and Q/V-band and 4m to 13m full motion antennas in L- to Ka-band, including options such as HVAC and de-icing.
- Elevation over azimuth and equatorial mount positioners (e.g. for antenna arrays and optical telescopes respectively).
- Antenna components: HACU® Antenna Control Units (program, step and monopulse track) and HASK Antenna Servo Kits.
- Nomadic Satellite Communication Systems: NoSaCo® Rapid and NoSaCo® Rack
- Mission Critical Information Management solutions for defence, emergency and humanitarian markets.
- Project management and coordination
- Ground station system integration and turn-key supplies
- Ground station antenna refurbishment, retrofit and relocation
- Ground station antenna maintenance and ILS-ISS
- Quality assurance and RAMS analysis
- Customer specific design, simulation and manufacturing
- Commissioning and training
HITEC Luxembourg’s facilities are easily accessible on the outskirts of Luxembourg City. The premises comprise engineering offices, equipped with state-of-the-art design and analyses SW and HW. The facilities also comprise a laboratory, used for testing, commissioning, and training purposes. In addition, a small workshop and assembly area allow for rapid prototyping and troubleshooting. From its central location in Europe, HITEC Luxembourg is well connected to a proven network of suppliers, with whom all products are delivered to guaranteed quality standards
European Commission (DG Enterprise and Industry, DG Research and Innovation), European Space Agency (ESA), German Aerospace Center (DLR), Luxembourg Government, Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA), Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief (URSZR), Civil Protection of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region (PCRAFVG), SES Group, SES TechCom, LuxGovSat, Inmarsat, Lockheed Martin, POST Group, AIRBUS Defence & Space, Telespazio, CGDIS – (Corps Grand-Ducal Incendie & Secours), Thales Alenia Space, OHB, Luxembourg army.
MAJOR SPACE PROJECTS
Satellite Ground Station Antennas
Defence projects: limited- and full-motion antennas (6.8m, 9.0m) in Ka-, X-, and S-Band
- Full-motion antenna in Ka-band (13m) for IOT
- Wide-band full-motion antenna (5m) for GNSS monitoring
- Q/V-band large aperture HTS gateway development
- Antenna Control Units (program, step and monopulse track) development
- GSTP design study for a 3-axis full-motion antenna in S-/K-band (14m) for Earth observation
- SSA NEO: feasibility study and prototyping of telescope design for near Earth objects
EDRS: 5 Limited-motion antennas in Ka-band (6.8m) for TT&C, feeder uplink and data downlink
Earth observation: 3-axis full-motion antennas in S/X-dual-band (6.8m)
Galileo IOV: 2 full-motion antennas in S-band (13m) for TT&C
Satellite-based ICT solutions
- emergency.lu: deployment of worldwide available Rapid response solution for humanitarian aid and disaster relief, integrating, among other solutions NoSaCo® and DISP®
- ALPDIRIS – Assist search and rescue teams in the Alps by providing satellite based connectivity and software (DISP)
- Service to provide a rapid mapping solution based on Earth observation