Life science technologies and services in space, on planets and Earth.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Revitalisation of deserted areas on Earth
- Bio Reactors
- Earth Observation
- Micro Gravity Experiments
- Support to manned missions to other planets
- IBioreactors for Earth and space applications
- Growth of bacteria and algae
- Qualification of material
- Earth Observation and GIS system
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Luxembourg (LUXDEV)
- Private industry
MAJOR SPACE PROJECTS
The program, led by Blue Horizon aims at developing, marketing and sale of products and services related to the fertilisation of soils in arid and semi-arid areas. Our biological soil crust (BSC) is capable to strongly reduce water and wind erosion and creates the basis for first pioneer plants. It also forms a CO2 sink. After a laboratory phase, the BSC is currently tested in our open field test sites in Africa. At the same time, a site selection and monitoring system is developed using Earth Observation data. After the field test, the program will be rolled out in Africa.
The project aims at developing printable material out of algae. First tests have been successful and the material is now qualified.
Micro Gravity experiments for health
Based on a feasibility study instruments are developed to monitor tumour and other cell cultures under Zero G conditions. A first instrument is developed supported by a number of well-known Luxembourgish and European partners from the health sector