The Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA) is in charge of the development of the Luxembourg space sector, including the coordination of the "SpaceResources.lu" initiative. It is responsible of representing Luxembourg in international organizations such as the European Space Agency (ESA), and for space-related matters at the European Union (EU) and the United Nations (UN). In close cooperation with other public and private actors, the LSA is also supporting bilateral relations between Luxembourg and other countries, e.g. in the frame of official visits and economic missions.
As part of our development, we are recruiting:
1 PROJECT MANAGER – International Affairs (m/f)
(Long-term contract, ref: LSA_PM IntA)
- Represent and defend the interests of Luxembourg in relevant committees and working groups, in particular at ESA, the EU and the UN
- Coordinate and draft official Luxembourg's statements
- Prepare and negotiate bilateral and multilateral agreements with other countries and international organizations
- Coordinate the implementation of activities within the framework of agreements signed with other countries and international organizations (in particular: workshops involving public and private actors)
- Ensure preparation and follow-up of inter-ministerial coordination meetings
- Give support for official visits and economic missions related to space affairs ;
- Develop regular contacts with Luxembourg Embassies and the network of Luxembourg Trade and Investment Offices
- Draft analysis and synthesis notes
- Monitor international developments in the space sector
You hold a Master degree in political sciences or international relations with at least 5 to 10 years of professional experience in international relations / diplomatic environment, preferably in the space sector. You have a good knowledge of European and international institutions, as well as Luxembourg and European space policy. Furthermore, you show following competencies:
- Strong analytical mindset with ability to formulate advanced concepts, understand different topics in details and synthesize quickly
- Networker and relationship builder with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written) with the ability to give professional presentations to a large audience
- Ability to listen and adapt to different contexts and audiences with ease
- Autonomous with sense of responsibility, you are able to adapt quickly in a highly evolving field and you show corresponding motivation
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written) is mandatory; the knowledge of German is an asset
We offer a varied job within a professional, multidisciplinary, dynamic and human-sized organisation. If this position is the challenge you are looking for, please send your application including CV and cover letter.
All job applications will be processed by Luxinnovation on behalf of LSA. Luxinnovation meets the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ensures a high level of protection of data subjects’ rights.
The personal data transmitted will only be collected by the HR department of Luxinnovation through a dedicated recruitment portal. It will be treated as strictly confidential, solely for the purpose of processing your application and for the duration of the recruitment process.
Luxinnovation reserves the right to request the support of external HR companies. They comply with GDPR requirements, meet all the standards in terms of IT and document security, and act as subcontractors of Luxinnovation.
By applying, you agree to data transfer and processing by Luxinnovation’s HR department and their HR partners.