The Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA) is in charge of the development of the Luxembourg space sector, including the coordination of the "SpaceResources.lu" initiative. It is responsible of representing Luxembourg in international organizations such as the European Space Agency (ESA), and for space-related matters at the European Union (EU) and the United Nations (UN). In close cooperation with other public and private actors, the LSA is also supporting bilateral relations between Luxembourg and other countries, e.g. in the frame of official visits and economic missions. As part of our development, we are recruiting:
1 PROJECT MANAGER – Space Safety (m/f)
(Long-term contract, ref: LSA_PMSpaceSafety)
1 PROJECT MANAGER – Telecommunications-Navigation (m/f)
(Long-term contract, ref: LSA_PMTelecom)
- Represent and defend the interests of Luxembourg and stakeholders of the sector in the European Space Agency (ESA), the European Commission (EC) and the United Nations (UN) committees / working groups and in particular in those related to space situational awareness and space traffic management (Project Manager Space Safety) or related to space-based telecommunications and navigation (Project Manager– Telecommunications-Navigation)
- Inform the actors on the directions taken in the area in Europe ad on the different possibilities for financing their projects at national and European levels
- Help the actors achieving their strategic objectives and thus support their development
- Support the due diligence of companies willing to establish themselves in Luxembourg
- Analyze business plans of future Luxembourg based entities or already established entities
- Identify the gaps in the value chains of interest for Luxembourg and attract new players in the field hand-in-hand with the Business Development Project Manager
- Develop cooperation and partnerships in Europe and internationally
- Promote the sector nationally and internationally.
You hold an Engineering or Master degree and show at least 5 to 10 years of experience in the space industry and have a good overall knowledge of space activities. The position will involve travelling in Europe and worldwide (25-30%), sometimes on short notice, you must therefore be flexible.
Furthermore, you show following competencies:
- Strong analytical mindset with ability to formulate advanced concepts, understand different topics in details and synthesize quickly
- Expertise in analysing business plans and understand company financials
- Well organised, results driven with strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Networker and relationship builder with excellent communication skills (oral & written) with the ability to give professional presentations to a large audience
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written) is mandatory; the knowledge of German and Luxembourgish are a plus
We offer a varied job within a professional, multidisciplinary, dynamic and human-sized organisation. If this position is the challenge you are looking for, please send your application including CV and cover letter to apply.