Established in 2017 as part of the implementation of the SpaceResources.lu initiative strategy, the core function of the Advisory Board on Space Resources is to support the government on topics related to the exploration and use of resources available in space. Facilitated and managed by the Luxembourg Space Agency, this advisory body comprises renowned international experts in the space industry.
The Government Council has just renewed all current mandates for members of the Advisory Board on Space Resources for a period of two years. Furthermore, the Government Council has approved the appointment of Étienne Schneider, former Minister of the Economy and initiator of SpaceResources.lu, as a new member of the Advisory Board on Space Resources serving on a pro bono basis.
- Jean-Jacques Dordain, former Director General of the European Space Agency
- Prof. Junichiro Kawaguchi, senior member of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
- Prof. Seung Jo Kim, former President of KARI (Korea Aerospace Research Institute)
- Jean-Louis Schiltz, Visiting Professor at the University of Luxembourg and former Minister for Communications
- Georges Schmit, former Executive Director of the Luxembourg Trade and Investment Office in San Francisco
- Étienne Schneider, former Minister of the Economy
- Dr S. Pete Worden, former NASA Ames Center Director
- Prof. Ji Wu, Director General of the National Space Science Center (NSSC)