The Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA) is in charge of the development of the Luxembourg space sector, including the coordination of the "SpaceResources.lu" initiative. It is responsible of representing Luxembourg in international organizations such as the European Space Agency (ESA), and for space-related matters at the European Union (EU) and the United Nations (UN). In close cooperation with other public and private actors, the LSA is also supporting bilateral relations between Luxembourg and other countries, e.g. in the frame of official visits and economic missions.
As part of our development, we are recruiting:
1 PROJECT MANAGER – Science, exploration and education (m/f)
(Long-term contract, ref: EDU)
- Represent and defend the interests of Luxembourg and stakeholders of the sector in the European Space Agency (ESA), the European Commission (EC) and the United Nations (UN) committees / working groups and in particular in those related to science, exploration and education.
- Inform the actors on corresponding initiatives and programmes, in particular on the different possibilities for financing their projects at national and European levels
- Help the actors achieve their strategic objectives and thus support their development
- Support the due diligence of companies willing to establish themselves in Luxembourg
- Support the analysis of business plans of future Luxembourg based entities or already established entities
- Develop cooperation and partnerships in Europe and internationally
- Develop and follow initiatives related to education, in close cooperation with other national stakeholders
- Promote the sector nationally and internationally.
You hold an Engineering or a Master degree in Sciences, show at least 5 to 10 years of experience in the space sector and have a good overall knowledge of space activities. The position will involve travelling in Europe and worldwide (up to 30%), sometimes on short notice, you must therefore be flexible. Furthermore, you show the following competencies:
- Strong analytical mindset with ability to formulate advanced concepts, understand different topics in details and synthesize quickly
- Well organised, results driven with strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Experience in analyzing business plans and understanding company financials
- Networker and relationship builder with excellent communication skills (oral & written) with the ability to give professional presentations to a large audience
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written) is mandatory; the knowledge of German and Luxembourgish are a plus
We offer a varied job within a professional, multidisciplinary, dynamic and human-sized organisation. If this position is the challenge you are looking for, please send your application including CV and cover letter.
All job applications will be processed by Luxinnovation on behalf of LSA. Luxinnovation meets the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ensures a high level of protection of data subjects’ rights.
The personal data transmitted will only be collected by the HR department of Luxinnovation through a dedicated recruitment portal. It will be treated as strictly confidential, solely for the purpose of processing your application and for the duration of the recruitment process.
Luxinnovation reserves the right to request the support of external HR companies. They comply with GDPR requirements, meet all the standards in terms of IT and document security, and act as subcontractors of Luxinnovation.
By applying, you agree to data transfer and processing by Luxinnovation’s HR department and their HR partners.